Today is the Feast of Michaelmas, also known as Feast of the Archangels, celebrated in some traditions as a day to recognize Archangels Michael, Gabriel, Uriel and Raphael.
I thought this would be a perfect day to remind us of a few gentle things that may have slipped our minds in the noise of the world:
- that we, as imperfect as we are, are made of love. Powerful, beautiful, radiant love;
- that we chose to be here, in the world, right now;
- that we are part of the light, in the world, right now;
- that the power of our love matters more than almost anything else;
- that we can send our love in the direction of everything that worries us;
- that sending love is infinitely more powerful than complaint or fear;
- that sending love to any person or situation changes it and the ripple is infinite;
- that we can ask for help from the Divine, endlessly;
- that we are supported beyond our wildest imaginings;
- that every soul on earth is connected to every other soul on earth;
- that what we do to others we do to ourselves;
- that we are still neighbors, we are still family, we still belong to each other;
- that we are here, on earth, to learn to love each other better;
- that love is the greatest gift we can give;
- and that the world is in need of our love today.
It's a beautiful spiritual practice to remember who we really are.
We can breathe a little deeper, right?
And exhale a little longer.
Take a few deep breaths if you need to.
It takes a lot of energy to keep all of those walls up.
Angels can be especially helpful in reminding us about love.
And peace. And oneness.
Here's my prayer to them for us all.
CALLING ALL ANGELS
Come down to our world and remind us to love.Gather around us and wake our hearts up.Walk right beside us and lend us some strength.Sew up our edges, we’re tired and frayed.Teach us of oneness and give us the words.Open our hearts so that love might be heard.Awaken our souls to remember the peace.Turn on the lights of our wildest dreams.Gather around us and wake our hearts up.Come down to our world and remind us to love.-mary davis
I love you. I love us. Let's love each other.
We can do this. We can do hard things. Beautiful hard things. Together.